Cargo up, Costs Down with Transit
Ford’s all-new Transit commercial vehicle will provide businesses with best-in-class cost-of-ownership and load carrying capability when it arrives in early 2014.
The all-new Ford Transit two-tonne model – available from £20,795** – offers customers significantly reduced maintenance and repair costs, exceptional durability, increased cargo volumes, and smart loadspace features, as well as best-in-class fuel efficiency with the extended choice of Transit ECOnetic models.
The new model is part of an unprecedented 24-month renewal of Ford’s entire commercial vehicle range for Europe, and comes to market alongside International Van of the Year winners for 2013 and 2014, the Ford Transit Custom (one-tonne model) and Ford Transit Connect, with the Ford Transit Courier also to be launched next year.
The all-new Ford Transit is based on a state-of-the-art global platform and replaces the heavier Transit derivatives in Ford’s commercial vehicle line-up, joining the successful new Ford Transit Custom in the European range.
• Ford’s all-new Transit combines best-in-class cost of ownership with unbeatable load carrying capability for European customers
• All-new Transit ECOnetic delivers best-in-class fuel efficiency across an extended range of models, offers CO2 emissions from 169g/km and 44mpg
• All-new Transit is class-leading for non-scheduled maintenance times, significantly reduces regular maintenance and repair costs
• Van load volume increases by up to 11 per cent over outgoing model; class-leading side door width and rear step height among smart features which improve load-carrying ability
• Extensive durability testing covers the equivalent of nearly seven million miles or 275 round-the-world trips; includes more than 310,000 miles with hard-working real-world customers
• Transit is available to order now in European markets for delivery from spring 2014.
Further Transit variants include Double Cab-in-Van (DCiV) models, plus Chassis Cab and Double Chassis Cab versions. A new Chassis Cab L5 derivative accommodates 5.0m floats or box bodies, and Transit people movers include the M2 Bus range with seating for up to 18 people.
Ford will be introducing the full new Transit range using a staggered approach, with a second phase including the DCiV, Chassis Cab L5 and Double Chassis Cab variants available from the final quarter of 2014.
Contact your Foray vans sales specialists to discover more.
** Basic Recommended Retail Price of a front-wheel-drive 100PS, 290, short-wheel-base, lowest-roof height van